10.05.2014

Feed Your Mind Not Your Job

Strength.  Such a strong word (no pun intended...haha), but so misused. I take pride in improving the strength of my body, but more importantly I take pride in the strength of my brain.

I've sifted through these thoughts a million times trying to decide how I can feed what feels like an addiction. Lately, these thoughts have been taking over my mind the way the sun takes over a fresh ice-cream cone. It began to fuel feelings of stress and anger. A sense of melting. My mind was feeling dehydrated.

I found my hydration. I realized quickly that I wasn't giving my mind what it needed during the one activity that takes up most of my days. My job. This has happened 3 times in total now and I haven't figured it out until now.

If you are anything like me, you NEED a job that fuels your mind all time. Not a job that you can learn and get comfortable with mediocre challenges. You need a job that is a constant challenge. I get stuck in the melting ice-cream feeling when I can't admit I'm finally beyond where I'm at.

Where I'm going with this is DON'T let your job run your life. Unless its your passion, you should never let your job take over. Wait....if it's your passion, it will NEVER feel like a job. Therefore it can never take over like the hot sun.

Right now I'm working extremely hard to not let the hot sun take over my life. The problem is that when you are passionate about something people WILL tear you down, especially in the office. But I'm learning quickly that no matter how intimidated, how uncomfortable and how jealous people get of you for being strong....EMBRACE it. Take every single thing they say and dream it into more strength and exhale their negativity. You will become stronger than before and find the strength to move beyond the job closer to your passion.

Take pride in constantly wanting to learn and improve yourself. Take pride in loving to fuel your mind. Use the haters as your number one motivation to be even better. Never be afraid to walk away when you need more. Embrace your strength; mind, body & soul.

4 Ways I fuel My Mind Outside Of My Job

1. Research
2. Exotics
3. Criminology
4. Freud's Psychology: Dreams


How do you fuel your mind outside of your job?

2 comments :

  1. Wonderful post...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! :) I can't wait to post more. I have so many ideas! Just found out on bloglovin'. Looking forward to taking a look!! xo

    ReplyDelete